Tuesday 16 July 2019
News ID: 66085
Publish Date: 17 May 2019 - 22:12



By: Kayhan Int’l Staff Writer

It is now 1,500 days that Yemen is under the almost daily bombing of the Saudi-Emirati aggressors, whose hands are stained with the blood of over 70,000 Yemeni men, women, and children so far, yet there appears no end to this massacre of the innocents.
The unprovoked war, supported by the US, Britain, Israel and Egypt, now in its 5th year, has, however, failed to break the resistance of the lightly-armed defenders, who have vowed to defeat the armed-to-the-teeth aggressors.
The Saudi-Emirati blockade of Yemen’s land, air and sea borders has triggered the biggest cholera outbreak in modern history and left half of the country’s 28 million-strong population on the brink of famine.
Yet despite this unprecedented tragedy, neither the UN, which is supposed to be a neutral world body, has done anything to stop the carnage, let alone condemn it, nor the frozen consciences of the Americans, the British, and the French – the main suppliers of the sophisticated weapons of the aggressors – have shown any signs of thaw.   
Unfortunately, Western regimes have faced repeated criticism from independent rights groups for supplying the Saudi-led coalition with arms and logistical support for airstrikes which have targeted weddings, funerals and medical facilities in the past.
As a result, the catastrophe continues, and the latest crime of the aggressors in raining down bombs on residential areas of Sana’a on Thursday, which took a heavy toll of civilian life, failed to bring any denunciation from even fellow Arabs or for that matter governments of Muslim countries, who in violation of the spirit of the blessed fasting month of Ramadhan, have kept mum.
Not much is expected of the UN, which hasn’t solved a single crisis since it was founded in 1945 otherwise today the people of Palestine, of Kashmir, of Somalia, of Afghanistan, and of several other countries, would have been long free of the sufferings that they have endured.
The UN only acts as per the dictates of the big powers, such as the recent pressuring of the Ansarallah Movement to evacuate the important port city of Hodeidah, or expression of unnecessary concern when the Yemenis, in retaliation for the state terrorism of Saudi Arabia, targeted with drones oil facilities near Riyadh and in the Red Sea port of Yanbu.
The Sana’a bombing was totally ignored by the UN, and only Iran, as per its Islamic obligations, condemned the strikes and called on international and human rights bodies to act according to their responsibility to prevent the repetition of these crimes.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry’s statement said: "Countries which have supported the invading forces in Yemen by giving destructive arms and bombs are complicit in these crimes and must be held accountable.”
Yemen’s defenders, whose indomitable spirit has prevented the capitulation of the country to the invaders, have vowed to exercise their right of retaliation against Saudi Arabia and the UAE, by targeting the military and industrial installations of the said two countries, and this time with greater force than their spectacular drone strikes on Yanbu.
It is obvious the regimes in Riyadh and Abu Dhabi will soon be getting a bitter taste of their own medicine, but then the same hypocrisy would be seen by UN, the West and the Arab regimes, in condemning the Yemenis and calling them danger to peace, while totally ignoring the crimes against humanity of the Saudis and Emiratis.
If such duplicity prevails, then peace and stability will not be restored to the region, until the total defeat of the aggressor regimes, as well as their main backer, the US.



Name:
Email:
* Comment: