kayhan.ir

News ID: 90031
Publish Date : 09 May 2021 - 22:50
A A
BEIRUT (Dispatches) – Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement has significantly increased its combat readiness during the Zionist regime’s ongoing military drills in the occupied territories, media reports say.
Lebanon’s Arabic-language online newspaper el-Nashra made the announcement on Saturday and said Hezbollah was on the highest alert level since the 33-day war on Lebanon in the summer of 2006.
The Zionist regime launched what it called its largest exercise in its history since the occupation of Palestinian territories on Sunday, according to Kan News.
To span an entire month, the exercise will have the Israeli Army, Navy, and Air Force practicing combat and emergency scenarios in all regions.
The secretary-general of Hezbollah had earlier announced that the resistance forces would be on alert during the occupying regime’s military exercise and warned Tel Aviv against committing any folly against Lebanon.
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah stressed in a televised speech on International Quds Day on Friday that the resistance forces would take unseen defensive measures and monitor the Zionist maneuvers.
"In Lebanon, I’ll tell you that we will be on alert starting from Sunday morning because the maneuver will start on Sunday,” Nasrallah said.
"We will take all the calm, suitable measures which don’t worry anyone inside Lebanon and will be out of sight… We’ll be cautious, alert, and ready. I warn Israeli enemy against any wrong move towards Lebanon during the drill,” he underlined.
The Zionist regime and Lebanon are technically at war due to the former’s continued occupation of Lebanese territory, including Shebaa Farms that the regime overran in a subsequent war in 1967.
The regime launched two more wars, exclusively targeting Lebanon, in the 2000s, with Hezbollah forcing the regime into a retreat on both occasions.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: