DAMASCUS (Dispatches) –
Syrian media says the Zionist regime carried out an attack on the country’s south, with two missiles targeting an empty house, but no casualties were reported.
The missiles came from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights early on Wednesday, aimed at the building south of the capital Damascus, SANA news agency said, adding that Syria’s defense systems intercepted incoming missiles.
“Around 12:45 a.m. today, the Israeli enemy carried out an aggression with two missiles from the direction of the occupied Syrian Golan, targeting an empty building south of Damascus, and one of the hostile missiles was shot down, and no losses occurred,” SANA reported.
The Zionist regime, which has carried out hundreds of attacks in the past several years, did not immediately comment on the report.
Earlier this month, two Syrian soldiers were killed after the occupying regime carried out an air raid near the eastern countryside of Homs and the coastal city of Tartous.
And last month, a Syrian soldier was killed and three others were wounded in an aerial attack by the Zionist regime near Palmyra in Homs.
The aerial raids came amid an increase in reported attacks by the regime on Syria in recent weeks.
Syria has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy since March 2011. The Syrian government says the Zionist regime and its Western and regional allies are aiding terrorist groups that are wreaking havoc in the country.
The regime has been a main supporter of terrorist groups that have opposed the government of President Bashar al-Assad since foreign-backed militancy erupted in Syria nine years ago.