TEHRAN - Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani has warned the Zionist regime against making any anti-Iran move.
Iran’s security chief brushes aside reports about Israel’s budget for a potential attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, saying the regime must consider the colossal cost of repair after Tehran’s “shocking” response.
The report published by Channel 12, reported earlier this week that Zionist officials had approved a budget of five billion shekels ($1.5 billion) to purchase high-powered weapons and equipment in preparation for a possible attack against Iranian nuclear facilities.
Around $600 million will be added to the previous $900 million budget for acquiring aircraft, intelligence-gathering drones, and weapons that can destroy heavily fortified underground sites, the report said.
The claims drew a stern warning from Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani in tweets he posted in Persian, Arabic, English and Hebrew on Sunday.
“Instead of allocating 1.5 billion dollars budget for atrocities against #Iran, the Zionist regime should focus on providing tens of thousands of billion dollars funding to repair the damage that is going to be caused by Iran’s shocking response,” Shamkhani said.
Also, in a letter to the rotating president of the United Nations Security Council, Iran’s Ambassador to the UN Majid Takht Ravanchi had warned the Israeli regime against any miscalculation and possible adventurism.
“Over the past months, the number and intensity of the Zionist regime’s provocative and adventurist threats has constantly increased and reached alarming levels,” he said in the letter.
“The last move came from the head of the regime’s military, who had threateningly said that operational plans against Iran’s nuclear program were expanding, and that operations to destroy Iran’s capabilities on different fronts would continue at any time,” Iran’s ambassador noted in the letter.