kayhan.ir

News ID: 94187
Publish Date : 10 September 2021 - 22:13
A A

DAMASCUS (Dispatches) – Thousands of people have started returning to their homes in Syria’s southwestern province of Dara’a after terrorists left for the northern part of the country.
They began arriving in Dara’a al-Balad as authorities removed roadblocks and opened roads while bomb squads combed areas previously held by the terrorists, official news agency SANA reported.
The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) recently put the number of internally displaced people in Dara’a province as a result of foreign-backed militancy at 38,600, including almost 15,000 women and over 20,400 children.
On Wednesday, Syrian army units entered Dara’a al-Balad and raised Syria’s national flags there.
The Syrian military has begun searching buildings in residential areas, looking for weapons and improvised explosive devices planted by terrorists, according to Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency.
The Syrian army units also raised the national flag in al-Arbaeen neighborhood, within the framework of a truce agreement proposed by the Syrian government last month and brokered by the Russians.
Under the truce deal reached on August 14, the militants agreed to hand over their weapons in Dara’a al-Balad where government forces will set up checkpoints in nine districts.
Back in 2018, Syrian army troops managed to establish control over Dara’a Province, which is bordered by Jordan to the south and the Zionist-occupied Golan Heights to the west.
The government’s full control over Dara’a is highly important because it borders the occupied Golan Heights, where the Zionist regime has treated wounded terrorists fighting against the Syrian government since 2011.
The territory’s return to the government control could cut the much-reported collaboration between the Zionist regime and terrorists and deal a blow to the occupying regime’s plans to annex the Golan Heights.
Meanwhile, a Russian soldier died from the injuries he received from explosion of a roadside bomb, while patrolling in the eastern Syrian province of Homs.
The fatality was caused on Thursday as the victim was performing the patrol meant to secure a route used for humanitarian aid transfer, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.
“On September 9, 2021, in the province of Homs of the Syrian Arab Republic, during the reconnaissance of the route of the humanitarian convoy by the Russian military police, an explosive device planted on the roadside was detonated,” the statement said.
The serviceman was soon placed under medical care but succumbed to the injuries, the ministry noted.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: