BAGHDAD (Dispatches) – The Iraqi army has announced it has taken full control of the Anbar desert region, adding terrorist operations in the province has decreased.
The Command of Al-Anbar Operations in Iraq said on Tuesday that the country’s army forces have finally managed to take complete control of the Al-Anbar desert.
Lieutenant-General Nasser Al-Ghannam, the Anbar Operations Commander, said in a statement to the Iraqi News Agency (INA) that “the Anbar desert is sprawling and wide and it has surrounded the province, and extends to the Saudi-Jordanian-Syrian border,” adding that “it was the scene of terrorist groups’ activities. But currently, there are no Daesh terrorist elements in the Al-Anbar desert.”
According to the report, the commander announced that Iraqi forces managed to take full control of the Al-Anbar desert after clearing it of the remnants of Daesh terrorist elements.
“During their latest operation against the remnants of the Takfiris in the Al-Anbar desert, the Iraqi army forces destroyed a number of vehicles and captured some others. They also demolished terrorist groups’ dens in the Hussainiyat desert areas, which were previously considered dangerous but are now entirely under control and safe,” he stated.
Iraqi army forces have continued their series of counter-terrorist operations in different parts of the country to clear its regions from remnants of Daesh terrorists.
Popular Mobilization Units, also known as Hashd al-Sha’abi, have had a huge role in defeating the terrorist in the country.
The resistance forces say that the Daesh attacks are supported and used by the United States to prolong its stay in the country amid growing calls on the government to push them out of Iraq.