kayhan.ir

News ID: 93363
Publish Date : 14 August 2021 - 21:53
A A

BEIRUT (Dispatches) – A high-ranking Hezbollah official says the Lebanese resistance movement will not stand any act of aggression by the Zionist regime’s military on Lebanon’s soil.
“Lebanese people are confident that Hezbollah will always be on their side, and the movement will utilize all means at its disposal to assist the public,” Hezbollah Deputy Secretary General Sheikh Naim Qassem said in an interview with Lebanon’s Arabic-language al-Nour radio station.
He described Hezbollah’s recent retaliation against the occupying regime’s shelling and airstrikes on southern Lebanon with a rocket barrage as a well-developed plan anchored in precise instructions.
Hezbollah announced in a statement that its units hit “open fields” near Israeli positions at 11:15 a.m. local time (0815 GMT) on August 6, using “dozens” of 122mm caliber rockets.
Al-Mayadeen television news network said at least 20 rockets were fired at the regime’s military positions. Al-Manar TV said a number of the rockets targeted the Douf military base.
Following the retaliatory rocket attack, Zionist prime minister Naftali Bennett and war minister Benny Gantz held an emergency session amid reports of a massive number of sorties conducted by the regime’s warplanes over southern Lebanon.
Last week, Hezbollah’s Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said the Lebanese resistance movement does not pursue war, but is not afraid of one either since it is certain about its chances of victory.
Nasrallah described the August 6 retaliation as only a fraction of what Hezbollah is capable of carrying out, saying the group has a reliable array of defensive choices at its disposal in case of a conflict.
Meanwhile, Sheikh Naim Qassem described attempts by certain parties to establish U.S. and Zionist dominance over Lebanon as the root cause of the Arab nation’s worsening crisis, emphasizing that Hezbollah will stand against such bids.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: