AL-QUDS (Dispatches) – Zionist troops demolished on Tuesday a two-story Palestinian house in the Silwan neighborhood of Al-Quds, as the regime keeps up its land grab policies in the occupied territories in disregard of international law.
According to witnesses, the regime’s troops stormed Bir Ayoub area in the neighborhood and cordoned off the building, which had been built 10 years earlier, preventing anyone from approaching it, Palestine’s official Wafa news agency reported.
Zionist troops claimed that the house belonging to two Palestinian brothers, whose families comprise 12 members, was built without a permit.
The troops ordered the two families to empty all of the contents of the two-apartment house before a bulldozer tore them down, reducing them to rubble.
Late in June, the occupying regime started the mass destruction of Palestinian houses in the Silwan neighborhood to make way for settlements in the occupied territory.
According to Palestinian media, Zionist troops had begun the demolitions by raiding Silwan, which is home to about 33,000 Palestinians, and destroying a shop in the Al-Bustan area.
In a separate incident, the Zionist regime claimed its troops shot and wounded a Palestinian woman after she allegedly attacked them with a knife in the occupied West Bank late on Monday.
The woman was hospitalized after being shot in her “lower body” near the northern West Bank city of Nablus, the military said in a statement early Tuesday. A military spokesman said he was not aware of her current condition. No Zionist troops were wounded in the incident.