News ID: 89852
Publish Date : 02 May 2021 - 21:52

TEL AVIV (Dispatches) -- A huge fire broke out Sunday near Ben Gurion Airport, the occupying regime of Israel’s main airport, in the occupied Palestinian territories.
The Israeli media said the incident took place near the airport, which is commonly known by its Hebrew acronym Natbag -- located on the northern outskirts of the city of Lod, some 45 kilometers northwest of the occupied city of Jerusalem Al-Quds and around 20 kilometers southeast of Tel Aviv.
Israel’s Channel 13 reported that a massive fire broke out in the vicinity of Ben Gurion Airport, adding that police and firefighters had asked settlers in the nearby Moshav Zeitan settlement to evacuate.
Israel’s Ynet news website said the blaze started at an abandoned vehicles parking lot in Moshav Zeitan near Ben Gurion Airport. At least six firefighting teams were on the scene, with additional forces on their way, in an effort to extinguish the raging flames, it added.
It was not immediately clear what caused the fire, which was yet to be contained. No other details of the incident have been released, but images and footage of the blaze have circulated on social media.
The incident came just two days after a huge fire broke out at a facility at the BAZAN refinery in the port city of Haifa in the occupied territories.
Some reports cited cyberattack as the cause of the incident, but the Zionist regime imposed a media blackout and mainstream Western media which has a habit of reporting extensively on similar events kept an eerie silence.  

Footage circulating online showed flames and a large plume of smoke coming from the installation.
The Zionist regime’s so-called environment protection ministry claimed that the fire was caused by a "damaged pipe” in the continuous catalytic reforming system. Local media reports, however, suggested the fire started after a control valve at the facility had broken. The discrepancy was not explained.
The occupying regime of Israel is still reeling from the explosion of a missile near its secretive Dimona nuclear reactor late last month.
The regime’s vaunted air defenses failed to intercept a missile fired from Syria that traversed 125 miles of its highly protected airspace and landed around 20 miles short of the Dimona site, in Negev desert.
The incident happened only weeks after Israel said it had upgraded Iron Dome, amid fears in the regime over the increasing military prowess of anti-Zionist resistance groups in Lebanon and the blockaded Gaza Strip.
It also came after a large explosion occurred at a rocket factory owned by the occupying regime of Israel in central Occupied Palestine.
The blast sent up a massive plume of fire and smoke outside the central town of Ramle, which could be seen from miles away. The explosion took place at the Tomer military firm, which manufactures propulsion systems for a variety of rockets and missiles.
Videos of the blast were widely shared on social media, prompting speculation that that it was the result of a malfunction or sabotage, especially in light of ongoing tensions between the Zionist regime and Iran.
The Zionist military contractor claimed that the images were misleading and that it was a deliberate explosion as part of a trial, prompting ridicule among many observers.

* Comment: