BEIRUT (Dispatches) – Deputy Chairman of the Executive Council of Hezbollah says that the Lebanese resistance movement is the biggest obstacle to projects of normalization with the Zionist regime.
Sheikh Nabil Qaouk said that the Zionist regime’s declaration that it is not ready to confront Hezbollah in Lebanon is “an achievement for the resistance.”
However, he noted that, “The enemy’s inability to confront Hezbollah has prompted the enemies of Lebanon to bet on creating chaos inside Lebanon.”
The Zionist regime launched two wars against Lebanon in the 2000s. In both cases, it was forced to retreat after suffering a humiliating defeat at the hands of Hezbollah.
Also recently in October, Zionist regime officials admitted that the regime was forced to kneel in front of Hezbollah after signing a deal that would resolve a maritime dispute and allow it to extract its oil and natural gas.
Zionist media said that the deal strengthened Hezbollah’s position on the domestic level, stressing that the movement once again proven that it can achieve its political and strategic goals in Lebanon and the region.
Meanwhile, the preacher of the Al-Aqsa, Sheikh Ekrima Sabri said that the Palestinian people will not allow Zionist settlers to desecrate the mosque.
He condemned the statements of head of the extremist Otzma Yehudit party, Itamar Ben-Gvir, labeling them as “racist and unacceptable”.
Ben-Gvir, who is set to become the regime’s so-called security minister, pledged to change the status quo at the al-Aqsa Mosque. He also vowed to change the instructions of firing at Palestinians and legalizing illegal settlement outposts in the West Bank.
Sheikh Sabri held the occupying regime responsible for Ben-Gvir’s statements. He pointed out that his threats would lead to escalating attacks against Muslims at the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
“The Palestinian people will continue defending the Al-Aqsa Mosque against any violation,” he said, noting that they will confront the Israeli illegal settlers’ provocative attacks at the holy site.
Earlier on Monday morning, hordes of settlers broke into the Al-Aqsa Mosque under tight protection of Zionist troops, while Arab citizens in the 1948 Occupied Palestine intensified their presence at the holy site to protect it against the settlers’ desecration.