kayhan.ir

News ID: 108787
Publish Date : 09 November 2022 - 21:44

NABLUS (Dispatches) – Zionist troops have killed a Palestinian teenager while escorting settlers to Joseph’s Tomb on the outskirts of the occupied West Bank city of Nablus.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society reported that Mahdi Mohammed Hashash, 18, sustained gunshot wounds in his abdomen and foot in the early hours of Wednesday.
The teen was later declared dead after he was transferred to hospital to receive treatment for his injuries, it added.
According to medical sources and Hashash’s relatives, the victim was a member of the Balata Brigade, which announced its formation last month amid stepped-up Palestinian struggles against the occupying regime.
The Palestinian Information Center cited local sources as saying that resistance fighters opened fire on the Zionist troops on the outskirts of Nablus, and that fierce clashes erupted between Palestinian young men and the troops who used live ammunition and tear gas against them.
According to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, three other Palestinians were injured, while scores of others suffered breathing difficulties due to inhaling tear gas fired by Zionist troops during the raid.
Meanwhile, Zionist troops killed a 29-year-old Palestinian man, identified as Rafat Ali Ayyaseh, during a military raid in the northern West Bank city of Jenin on Wednesday, according to local reports.
Citing the Palestinian health ministry, media reports said the young Palestinian man was killed after the heavily-armed regime soldiers opened fire at him near the apartheid barrier west of Jenin.
A report in WAFA news agency quoted the head of the Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance service as saying that Ayyaseh, who belonged to Sanur village south of Jenin, was shot in the leg by regime troops near the barrier that runs along Aneen village, west of Jenin.
Zionist troops have recently been conducting near-nightly raids and killings in the northern occupied West Bank, mainly in the cities of Jenin and Nablus, where new groups of Palestinian resistance fighters have been formed.
More than 175 Palestinians have been killed by Zionist troops in the occupied West Bank and besieged Gaza Strip since the beginning of the year, including 51 Palestinians during the regime’s three-day assault on Gaza in August, according to the Palestinian health ministry.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian Prisoners’ Club (PPC) revealed on Tuesday the Zionist regime has detained 6,000 Palestinians since the start of this year, including 141 women and 739 children,
The PPC said in a report that the Zionist occupation had issued 1,829 so-called administrative detention orders; detaining Palestinians without charge or trial.
According to the report, the highest number of detainees was recorded in Al-Quds where 2,700 Palestinians had been detained.
In the report, the PPC stated that this year was the worst for prisoners and their families compared to the past few years.
The report also found that there are a number of wounded prisoners and those with medical ailments inside the Zionist regime’s jails, stressing that the lack of proper treatment and medical care puts their life at stake.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: