kayhan.ir

News ID: 103880
Publish Date : 20 June 2022 - 21:25
A A

SANA’A (Dispatches) – A senior member of the Yemeni Supreme Political Council has censured the ongoing Saudi-led naval and air blockade on his country, emphasizing that the crippling blockade amounts to a deliberate crime against the entire Yemeni population.
Mohammed Ali al-Houthi wrote in a tweet on Sunday evening that the Riyadh-led coalition is making use of starvation as a weapon of war against the Yemeni people.
“The continuation of the siege and the Saudi-led coalition’s refusal to implement provisions of the ceasefire, which is an official document under the auspices of the United Nations and the Security Council, amounts to an intentional crime against all Yemeni people,” al-Houthi said.
Saudi Arabia began to lead a devastating war and blockade against Yemen in 2015 in collaboration with its Arab allies and with arms and logistics support from the U.S. and other Western states.
The objective was to reinstall the Riyadh-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and crush the Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of a functional government in Yemen.
While the Saudi-led coalition has failed to meet any of its objectives, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and spawned the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Deputy Prime Minister for Defense Affairs Jalal al-Ruwishan said there is clear evidence that the Saudi-led coalition continues its all-out aggression against Yemen in violation of the terms and conditions of a UN-brokered ceasefire, which began on April 2 and was extended earlier this month.
Ruwishan said in an interview with al-Masirah television that the truce would be “meaningless and pointless” if it does not result in the opening of Yemeni ports and airports as well as the payment of civil servants.
He asserted that Yemenis will determinedly restore their rights by all available means.
“If the Saudi-led war coalition keeps on violating the ceasefire, the Yemeni nation will not accept a failed truce,” the top Yemeni official warned.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: