kayhan.ir

News ID: 103744
Publish Date : 17 June 2022 - 21:49
A A

JENIN (AFP/MEMO) – Three Palestinians were martyred and 10 others were wounded on Friday during a raid by Zionist troops in Jenin, a stronghold of Palestinian resistance groups in the occupied West Bank.
The three men were martyred when the Zionist troops opened fire on a vehicle in which they were travelling, according to the Palestinian news agency Wafa.
“Fierce clashes” then ensued in the area, with Zionist troops firing at Palestinians, wounding 10, Wafa reported.
An AFP photographer said a white vehicle riddled with bullet holes was in the area, where the troops have stepped up raids in recent months.
The photographer said he saw the bodies of the three men at the morgue in Jenin. They were identified as Yusef Salah, 23, Baraa Lahluh, 24, and Laith Abu Srur, 24, all from Jenin.
Hundreds of Palestinians marched through the refugee camp after the raid, carrying the bodies of slain men and calling for undaunted resistance until full liberation of all Palestinian territories, and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with East Al-Quds as its capital.
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, reacting to the raid, warned that the Zionist regime “will pay for its crimes” and that Jenin “will remain unbreakable”.
Earlier this month, the occupying regime’s troops shot and killed a young Palestinian man and injured several others in a raid on the southern part of the West Bank.
The Palestinian Health Ministry identified the victim as 27-year-old Mahmoud Fayez Abu Ayhour, noting that he sustained critical wounds after being shot by Zionist troops in the course of confrontations in the town of Halhul, situated 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) north of the flashpoint city of al-Khalil, on June 9.
The statement added that “the bullet penetrated Abu Ayhour’s abdomen, diaphragm and aorta, and all attempts by Palestinian medical staff to save his life did not succeed.”
Meanwhile, the Zionist regime’s authorities have refused to disclose the details of an internal investigation into misconduct by occupation troops during Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh’s funeral.
Despite learning that the regime’s troops had attacked the pallbearers as the procession during Abu Akleh’s funeral travelled through occupied East Al-Quds, the investigation concluded that no officer is to be punished.
Images of baton-wielding Zionist officers beating the pallbearers who, at one point nearly dropped Abu Akleh’s coffin, drew widespread international condemnation and stoked anger over the killing of the reporter during a raid in the occupied West Bank on 11 May.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: