kayhan.ir

News ID: 103030
Publish Date : 27 May 2022 - 21:15
A A

AL-QUDS (Dispatches) –
Leaders of Palestinian factions, including the Islamic resistance movement Hamas have warned Zionist far-right groups against organizing the so-called flag march in East Al-Quds scheduled on Sunday.
At a joint news briefing held in Gaza, the factions said the occupying regime should avoid the “stupidity” of allowing the march to reach the Al-Aqsa compound, which is holy to both Muslims and Jews and the focal point of recent clashes.
“This scheme will be a powder keg that will explode and ignite the entire region,” the factions’ leaders said in a statement, adding that “the factions and its armed wings are ready in all fields to confront this aggression.”
Meanwhile, the factions urged the Palestinians to defend the Al-Aqsa Mosque from any attack by the organizers of the march.
They also called on Muslim countries to immediately intervene “to halt the Israeli criminal behavior,” adding that the consequences of storming the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock would be adverse.
Bassem Naim, head of Hamas’s department of politics and foreign relations, strongly censured the Zionist regime and settlers for rolling the s march.
“The decision is in the hands of the Israelis and the international community. They can avoid a war and escalation if they stop this mad (march),” he said.
Naim said an increasingly powerful Palestinian resistance would never accept such thinking.
“I expect that Hamas and the other factions are ready to do all they can to prevent this event, regardless of how much it costs us,” he said.
“Who said that the reaction will only be from Gaza? Perhaps you will have retaliatory attacks inside Al-Quds, I don’t know. Not ordered from us,” he said, pointing to a spate of recent attacks in the occupied territories by individuals not affiliated to Palestinian factions.
“The battle isn’t with Hamas alone, it is with the Palestinian people,” he said.
The Palestinian presidency also earlier this week denounced a ruling by a Zionist court to allow Jewish rituals at Al-Aqsa Mosque.
In a statement released on Monday, the presidency warned that the court’s ruling was a serious violation of the existing historical status quo of al-Haram al-Sharif and flagrant defiance of international law and United Nations resolutions.
It further censured the occupying regime and settlers for the provocative march in the occupied holy city on May 29.
The Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, located in the occupied Old City of Al-Quds, is a flash point. Under a 1967 deal between the occupying regime and Jordan, the compound’s custodian, non-Muslim worship is prohibited at the site. In defiance of the agreement, the regime allows settlers to enter the site and carry out religious rituals.

Name:
Email:
* Comment: