News ID: 82654
Date: 11 September 2020 - 23:39
SANA’A (Dispatches) – Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement says it has struck an "important target” in Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, using a ballistic missile and drones in retaliation against the Saudi regime’s attacks on the impoverished nation.
Yahya Saree, a spokesman for the Houthi, said on Thursday its fighters used a domestically-developed Zolfaqar ballistic missile and three Samad-3 drones in the claimed assault on the site.
"The attacks are a response to the enemy’s permanent escalation and its continuing blockade against our country,” Saree said in a statement posted on Twitter.
Yemeni forces will keep up their retaliatory raids against sensitive and strategic targets on Saudi soil as long as Riyadh and its allies fail to end their military campaign and siege against Yemen, General Saree said, al-Masirah TV reported.
"We promise the criminal and aggressor Saudi regime painful operations as long as the aggression and siege continue,” he added.
The attack on Riyadh followed four consecutive days of Yemeni air raids against Abha International Airport located near Saudi Arabia’s southwestern border with Yemen.
The Saudi regime has not yet commented on the report, but it usually claims to have intercepted the drones and missiles fired from Yemen.
Since early 2015, Riyadh and a coalition of its vassal states have been engaged in a military campaign against Yemen in a futile attempt to reinstall a Saudi-friendly government there.
Since then, over 100,000 people have been killed, according to the U.S.-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED).