Wednesday 20 January 2021
News ID: 86558
Publish Date: 13 January 2021 - 21:43
DAMASCUS (Dispatches) – The Zionist regime carried out airstrikes on eastern parts of Syria near the Iraqi border in the early hours of Wednesday with intelligence provided by the United States, a senior U.S. intelligence official has revealed.
Syria’s official news agency SANA said the air assaults were carried out on the city of Dayr al-Zawr and the town of al-Bukamal.
The U.S. official with knowledge of the attack, who requested anonymity, told the Associated Press that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had discussed the raid with Yossi Cohen, chief of the Zionist regime’s spy agency Mossad, at a public meeting in a Washington restaurant on Monday.
The so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the Zionist regime carried out more than 18 attacks against multiple targets in the area stretching from Dayr al-Zawr to the al-Bukamal desert.
At least 57 people were killed and 37 others were also wounded in the raids, according to the Observatory.
The attacks came after Syria said last week that the country’s air defense systems responded to an air strike by the Zionist regime over southern Damascus, shooting down most of the projectiles.   
The Zionist regime frequently targets military positions inside Syria, especially those of the resistance movement Hezbollah which has played a key role in helping the Syrian army in its fight against foreign-backed terrorists.
The Arab country has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy since March 2011. The Syrian government says the Zionist regime and its Western and regional allies are aiding terrorist groups that are wreaking havoc in the country.
The regime mostly keeps quiet about the attacks on Syrian territories which many view as knee-jerk reaction to Syrian government’s increasing success in confronting terrorism in country.


Name:
Email:
* Comment: