Tuesday 14 July 2020
News ID: 80098
Publish Date: 30 June 2020 - 21:54
LAUSANNE (AFP) - UEFA insists there is "no reason to prepare a Plan B” for the final eight of the Champions League in Lisbon despite Portuguese authorities reintroducing restrictions to curb the spread of coronavirus.
"We hope everything will be fine and that it will be possible to organize the tournament in Portugal. For the moment there is no reason to prepare a Plan B,” a UEFA spokesperson told AFP.
The spokesperson added that European football’s governing body is in "constant contact with the Portuguese Football Federation and the local authorities”.
UEFA announced earlier this month that the latter stages of the Champions League would be staged exceptionally as a straight knockout competition from the quarter-finals onwards with all matches in Lisbon.
Earlier this month, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said: "For now things look well, and we hope everything will be fine until we organize the final eight.”
He added: "We are assessing the situation, not week by week but day by day, and we will adapt when the time comes, if necessary.”




Name:
Email:
* Comment: