Monday 25 May 2020
News ID: 78799
Publish Date: 19 May 2020 - 22:40
Officials Say No Disruption at Shahid Rajaee Port
TEHRAN (Dispatches) – An Iranian official said Tuesday a recent cyberattack by the occupying regime of Israel on a port in southern Iran failed to disrupt operations at the facility, Tasnim news agency reported.
The Washington Post had reported that Israel carried out a cyber terrorist attack that caused disruption at Shahid Rajaee port terminal offline on May 9.
According to the newspaper, U.S. and foreign government officials believe the attack appears to have originated from the occupying regime of Israel which has a history of terrorist attacks on Iran’s nuclear energy program.
Shipping traffic at Shahid Rajaee port terminal, the paper said, came to an abrupt halt after computers that regulate the flow of vessels, trucks and goods all crashed at once. The attack created brief backups on waterways and roads leading to the facility, it added.
The attack came after the occupying regime said it had been the target of an attempt to penetrate the computers that operate water distribution systems in Israel.
The sprawling Shahid Rajaee port facility is the newest of two major shipping terminals in the Iranian coastal city of Bandar Abbas, on the Strait of Hormuz.
The Post quoted an Israeli regime official as boasting that the attack had caused "total disarray” to shipping traffic in the port.
However, Muhammad Rastad, managing director of the Ports and Maritime Organization of Iran, said the terrorist attack "failed to penetrate the PMO’s systems and was only able to infiltrate and damage a number of private operating systems at the ports”.
An unnamed Iranian official, speaking to Tasnim news agency Tuesday, confirmed that no disruptions occurred because civil defense units at the facility which are always on high alert responded "timely and effectively to the infiltration attempt.
Iran has been the target of U.S. and Israeli cyber terrorism for a decade, including attempts to remotely sabotage the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program.
In 2010, U.S. and Zionist intelligence agencies unleashed a computer worm called Stuxnet on Iranian uranium-enrichment plants in an attempt to disrupt Iran’s nuclear program. The Washington Post reported two years later that the US National Security Agency (NSA), its spy service CIA, and Israel’s military had worked together to launch Stuxnet against Iran’s nuclear facilities.
The attack was followed by Mossad’s assassination of several Iranian nuclear scientists.


Iranian officials have said the attacks worked to the U.S. and Israeli detriment, helping improve the Islamic Republic’s readiness against acts of sabotage.
Last year, Minister of Information and Communications Technology Muhammad Javad Azari Jahromi said Iran had developed an indigenous firewall securing its sensitive industrial facilities against cyber terrorism.
The firewall "practically neutralizes industrial sabotage, such as Stuxnet, in electrical grids and suchlike,” he wrote.
Gholamreza Jalali, the head of Iran’s Civil Defense Organization which is in charge of cyber security, has said Iran is taking legal action against the U.S. over repeated cyber attacks and threats, while it is putting in place robust security measures to protect its vital infrastructure.
In February, government officials said the Iranian internet service had suffered hours of disruption in what telecoms authorities said was the result of DDoS cyber attack.
The attack was dealt with immediately using the Iranian Information Technology Fortress, known as DEJFA, senior telecoms ministry official Sajjad Bonabi said at the time.






Name:
Email:
* Comment: