TEL AVIV (Dispatches) – The occupying regime of Israel’s interior minister Arye Dery signed a directive on Sunday that will permit Zionists to travel to Saudi Arabia for the first time, Haaretz reported.
The directive means residents of the occupied Palestinian territories will now be allowed to travel to visit Saudi Arabia for a business trip of up to nine days.
Visits to the Persian Gulf kingdom by Zionists will, however, be contingent on an invitation from a Saudi official, the report said.
Last year, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates backed an economic summit supporting U.S. President Donald Trump’s "deal of the century” economic conference.
Clandestine relations have increased in recent years between Saudi Arabia and the Zionist regime.
In July, Zionist PM Benjamin Netanyahu hosted a Saudi Arabian national, Muhammad Saud, in his office, a day after the man was attacked by Palestinians angry with his pro-Israel views.
The occupying regime of Israel’s decision to allow Zionists to visit Saudi Arabia comes days before U.S. President Donald Trump reportedly plans to unveil his "deal of the century”.
No Palestinian leaders have been invited to Washington to discuss the long-dormant scheme.
Israeli media reported on Thursday that, according to preliminary plans, the Zionist regime would claim sovereignty over the Jordan Valley and immediately annex all but 15 illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank, as well as the land linking them.
Under Trump’s plan, the occupied Jerusalem Al-Quds would be declared the so-called capital of Israel, while the creation of a demilitarized Palestinian state would be agreed to at a later time.
According to Reuters, Trump discussed the timing of the plan’s release with two architects of the plan, senior advisers Jared Kushner
and Avi Berkowitz, on Air Force One while returning to Washington from Switzerland on Wednesday.
Addressing his cabinet before departing for the U.S., Zionist PM Benjamin Netanyahu described the current environment, characterized by close ties with Trump, as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that the occupying regime should "not miss”.
The U.S. president’s plan is expected to be extremely favorable to Israel. Palestinian officials threatened on Sunday to withdraw from key provisions of the Oslo accords, which define relations with the occupying regime of Israel, if Trump announces his Middle East plan.
Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator, told Agence France-Presse that the Palestine Liberation Organization reserved the right "to withdraw from the interim agreement”.
The Trump initiative will turn Israel’s temporary occupation of Palestinian territory into a permanent occupation, Erekat said.
The plan’s release has been repeatedly delayed, and it seems to have little chance of success. The Palestinians, accusing Trump of being unfairly biased toward the Zionist regime, have already rejected it.
But the plan could give Netanyahu, who is in the middle of his third re-election campaign in less than a year, a push as he tries to remain in office while fighting criminal charges of fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes.
While Netanyahu has tried to divert attention from his legal troubles and focus his campaign on his close ties with Trump, his opponent Benny Gantz has focused his campaign on the prime minister’s criminal charges and expected trial.