Wednesday 23 September 2020
News ID: 75116
Publish Date: 15 January 2020 - 22:05
GAZA (Dispatches) – Four rockets have been fired at the Israeli-occupied territories from the Gaza Strip, the Zionist regime’s military says, and there are no reports of casualties or damage.
Two of the seemingly retaliatory projectiles were allegedly shot down by the Zionist regime’s Iron Dome system, the military claimed in a statement. Israel’s Channel 13 television said the other two projectiles struck uninhabited areas.
Sirens warning of rocket fire sounded in several communities near the Gaza frontier. Israel’s Magen David Adom ambulance service said no injuries or damage were reported in the first such attack in three weeks.
There was no immediately claim of responsibility from the Palestinian Gaza Strip, which the Zionist regime keeps under blockade.
Last month, a retaliatory rocket was launched from the Gaza Strip at the southern city of Ashkelon as it hosted a rally with Zionist Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, prompting him to seek shelter before returning to the venue. No one was hurt.
But simmering tensions have mostly remained calm since a two-day surge of violence in November between the Zionist regime and the armed Gaza-based faction Islamic Jihad that left 34 Palestinians martyred and dozens of Zionists injured.


Name:
Email:
* Comment: