Wednesday 21 August 2019
News ID: 66050
Publish Date: 17 May 2019 - 22:08

LONDON (Dispatches) - The Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki has branded the anticipated U.S. plan for ending the Israel-Palestinian conflict an unacceptable "surrender act".
Malki said the plan that Donald Trump calls the "deal of the century" was in fact "the consecration of Palestinians' century-old ordeal".
No confirmed details have been revealed of the plan, which Washington says could be unveiled next month.
Israel has not officially taken a position towards the plan.
Earlier this month Trump's senior adviser Jared Kushner, who is an architect of the plan, said the proposals will be a "framework... which will lead to both sides being much better off".
It is unclear whether the plan will be based on the so-called "two-state solution" - a long-standing formula for resolving the conflict by creating a Palestinian state, with Al-Quds a shared capital.
Speaking at Chatham House think tank in London, Malki said all the indications were that "the U.S. administration is preparing to give its stamp of approval to Israel's colonial policies.”
The Palestinians often describe Zionist settlement and other activity in the occupied territories as a form of colonialism, a characterisation.
The Zionist regime has built about 140 settlements, home to more than 600,000 Jews, in the West Bank and East Jerusalem Al-Quds since it occupied them in the 1967 Middle East war.
Palestinians claim the territories for a future Palestinian state.
The settlements are considered illegal under international law.
****Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki




Name:
Email:
* Comment: