Monday 17 December 2018
News ID: 60412
Publish Date: 04 December 2018 - 21:30
LONDON (Dispatches) - A London-based satellite news station is being formally investigated by Ofcom after broadcasting an interview with a terrorist group that claimed responsibility for a terrorist attack in Iran.
The media regulator said it will consider whether Iran International, which is based in west London but broadcasts to a Farsi-language audience around the world, broke broadcasting standards by airing the footage in September.
Ofcom said it had received three complaints objecting to airtime being given earlier this year to Yacoub Hor al-Tostari, a spokesman for the Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahvaz, which advocates for a separatist Arab state in Iran.
During the interview he appeared to praise a September terror attack in the Iranian city of Ahvaz, which martyred dozens, and claimed his group was responsible for the atrocity.



Name:
Email:
* Comment: